Survey: What is the best Internet Service Provider in CDO?

Anything and everything under the Cagayan de Oro City sun. :)

Select from the following:

Bayantel
5%
Globe
21%
Parasat
7%
Philcom
7%
PLDT
45%
Smart
15%

Total votes : 107

Re: Survey: What is the best Internet Service Provider in CDO?

Postby timo_fobia » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:10 pm

mao walay ga vote sa bayantel.. haiz intermittent au grr!
timo_fobia

Postby elle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:43 am

iv used bayantel, pldt, globe and dctech...i vote for dctech. 1000%
elle

Postby timo_fobia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 am

... hmm,, teka lng.. napapaisip ako ahh..
timo_fobia

Postby camamanan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:48 am

@elle:
Wow! Somebody votes for DCTECH, very rare!
Haven't heard anybody in the last six months saying anything positiv about them.
Before 2009 they were good but now they are really in trouble (and their customers also, especially if they have an Internet Cafe or business relying on the internet line).
camamanan

Postby aehraiza » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 am

karl_kcs wrote:gusto nako mo switch to PLDT pero nka bundle sa philcom na landline. la naman pulos landline ron da. sayang pud ang 3oo+ na bayaran evry month. currently globe ako 1mbps pero sa almost 3 years na pag subscribe nako, puro problema lang ang ako na experience. =(

ayaw na jud mo pag globe... samot na kung layo inyo house sa city. pirme disconnected and dili ma kuha an imo gi subscribe na 1mbps! sa una 3 weeks ko na wad-an ug internet. ug bag-o lang almost 3 weeks na pud. grabeh, sa manila or cebu pa ka mag contact for technical assistance and cge lang promise na some1 will contact u within 24-48 hours! evryday ko ga follow-up and walay technician ni abot sa house! grr.. very bad cust service! ayha ra naay ni anha sa house na lagot na kaayo ko ipa disconnect na nako. pagka taod2x naa na ni anha sa house after almost 3 weeks na cge ko follow-up! yawa jud na..

busa, gusto ko ni ipa dc .. mayb i'l try pldt..
puro nice ang fb so far...

gkaproblemahan pud ko sa globe before..but so far in my experience, nice ila cust. service...
kung manawag ko, mashock nlng ko pgkaugma adtoan ko sa ilang tech support.. pero kato mga nov. ba tu kato cge kaputol, wla nko nidare og tawag ky kampante ko mobalik ra japon...den usually pg moabot na ila tech sup k ok na ako conection.pero it took hours lagi ayha mobalik, may nalang kesa days.. i think sa carmen man cguro ang dali gkaapektohan k duha nko kauban mg ask sko if nkoy connection, sahay naa akoa unya sa ila wla...murag wla p nahitabo na naay conection sa ila unya sa amo loc kay wla..
pero i heard nice ang pldt pero no plan to switch pko..since ok naman ang globe sa amo..gatry sila improv..(for me lng..) so far this year, ok pa mn ila connection.
basin gadepend sa location pud...
aehraiza

Postby cocoy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:22 pm

globelines for me, katong wired connection. so far ok ang performance. will try pldt this year.
cocoy

Postby raizzah » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Cge lang mo globe & pldt dah, pag try pud mo sa cable21, kung tech support n u problema sa c21 insigida dyon mo anhaan. Nindot pa gyod ila mga plans ky nka bundled na sa cable tv. 2 yrs nko nka subscribe so far ok gyod ang connection.
raizzah

Postby vta » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Cable21 / Parasat for me. for 5 years already. Though there are times for outages, you'll know that they're fixing it because you can always contact their 24-hour technical support and the next day you'll be visited by their technical team. Plus, cable21 is upgrading their SPEEDs or BANDWIDTH for the same price (what ive heard from their CSRs). another plus, they have 3 backbone providers, the PLDT, GLOBE and BAYANTEL and that's the reason redundancy is no problem if there are core network problems. And, for the coming days, they can offer a guaranteed 5mbps speed for specific applications (local cdo based site-to-site ip cameras and VPNs) and up to 3mbps bandwidth (your net hiway) from your pc to the internet but speed may vary depending on network congestions, your PC specs and number of users.

cheers!
vta

Postby masergs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:35 pm

I have a bad experienced in Philcom Internet connection, we used to subscribed in my workplace(internet cafe) Philcom Broadband dedicated line 2Mbps paying almost 15K a month, before our connection is so fast, after 2 months our connection is getting worst. It seems to be that our connection is being shared to all residential subscription because during pick hours, I have a worst connection even if I'm using 1 PC only, there are also lots of downtime and tech support can't even explain about the problem. We have complain it for a year until our contract ends. We requested a technician to check our line and connection but nobody comes to fix the problem so we decided not to continue our contract. We are so dismay because they don't even give attention to our complain even if we are paying a commercial rate almost 15K.

We switch at Cruztelco Broadband (PLDT MyDSL) for 2Mbps at the almost 13K per month. The connection is good but they don't have technical support. If downtime occurs, you don't have a technical person to call because they have only 1 technical person who maintains the network. They have few downtime but it last for 3 days sometimes.

Right now we try to connect at Parasat Cable21 broadband, having a connection of 1Mbps dedicated and commercial rate for P7500 and the connection is good. Everytime we have a problem in our internet, we can always call there office and talk to a technician, they also have a 24hr hotline for telephone troubleshooting. Unlike in Philcom, after 5pm and Sundays and Holidays, nobody answer the phone. In Cable21, it seems to be that they have a technical support even during Christmas, New Years, Lenten Season and all Holidays. There offices closes at some holidays but there 24hr tech support is always there to answer your problem.

I have also experience smart, globe, bayantel broadband at my clients subscription, when you call at their technical support, it seems to be that call centers are the one who answers your phone call for assistance.

I got my cable21 broadband connection through the advice of my friend. Suggesting to have a broadband that has a local technical support and a 24hr hotline. If you complain in the morning, in the afternoon, the tech will arrive soon or in the following day. My point is that, at least I have somebody to talk in person in complaining my broadband problem.
masergs

Postby Horizon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:51 pm

PLDT

NO IDEA why :geek:

heheheh

PLDT becoz fast fast xa. for me only :D
Non-active MOD
Horizon
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Related Items

Return to General Discussions