Survey: What is the best Internet Service Provider in CDO?

Anything and everything under the Cagayan de Oro City sun. :)

Select from the following:

Bayantel
5%
Globe
21%
Parasat
7%
Philcom
7%
PLDT
45%
Smart
15%

Total votes : 107

Re: Survey: What is the best Internet Service Provider in CDO?

Postby marebert » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I'll go for SMARTBRO prepaid kit! Kai 3.6mbps aq speed tapos 300 kbps pa ang d0wnload rate using IDM,and it is good also in streaming and browsing! Wen i d0wnload m0vies up2 800mb file it only takes 15-25mins until it d0ne. Wew... Then most of all, 2php lng unlimited internet kana for 5days! Hehe...
"Prevention is Better than Cure"Please Click HERE for more items!!
marebert
VIP Member

Postby smartbuyer85 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:16 am

what do you think? hehehe

MYCDOSalean (SmartBuyer85) since 2009
smartbuyer85
VIP Member

Postby vta » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Bandwidth testers are craps! it will only measure your bw or burst speed to that speedtester site. how bout youtube streaming, do you really think it will get you that fast (3.6mbps)? nahhhh! give me a screen shot if you can give me a 3.6mbps speed while streaming youtube videos. be my guest! il give you mine! peace! :)
vta

Postby smartbuyer85 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:25 pm

using bit torrent: 800-1000kbps download speed
watching Pacquiao vs Clottey fight - live video streaming online - no lags, continuous play.

as for youtube.com - no lags... continuous play... sorry no number.. i don't know where to look at...

online movies at moviefather.com - no hassle, no lags, continuous play...
smartbuyer85
VIP Member

Postby smartbuyer85 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:12 pm

vta wrote:Cable21 / Parasat for me. for 5 years already. Though there are times for outages, you'll know that they're fixing it because you can always contact their 24-hour technical support and the next day you'll be visited by their technical team. Plus, cable21 is upgrading their SPEEDs or BANDWIDTH for the same price (what ive heard from their CSRs). another plus, they have 3 backbone providers, the PLDT, GLOBE and BAYANTEL and that's the reason redundancy is no problem if there are core network problems. And, for the coming days, they can offer a guaranteed 5mbps speed for specific applications (local cdo based site-to-site ip cameras and VPNs) and up to 3mbps bandwidth (your net hiway) from your pc to the internet but speed may vary depending on network congestions, your PC specs and number of users.

cheers!

hahaha... didto nalang ka sa backbone magsubscribe.. i prefer PLDT.. they are the best!!!
smartbuyer85
VIP Member

Postby jarmela » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:55 pm

It's difficult to compare if you haven't really tried all ISPs. But personally, I prefer Parasat or Jade Cable (both have bundled Internet) because their service is affordable specially the bundled package. For 1,119 pesos a month I can have cable TV & Internet. It's like I'm only paying around P500 for my Internet at 500 kbps speed. It's gives the best value for my hard earned money :D
jarmela

Postby jarmela » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Philcom, PLDT & Smartbro are actually under 1 company. They only have different names.
jarmela

Postby smartbuyer85 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 pm

[quote="jarmela"]Philcom, PLDT & Smartbro are actually under 1 company. They only have different names.[/quoted]

PLDT-Philcom (preferred name) subsidiary of PLDT...
SMARTBRO sister company of PLDT...
but when it comes to performance PLDT gives the best since they are very particular with surveying the area first before installation... they make sure there customers are satisfied with their connection... i've been to globelines, dctech, smartbro, cablebro and yet combining all of their connection speeds cannot compete with PLDT... I am now currently subscribed at 2 Mbps speed and so far I'm getting 3mbps to 5mbps download speed.
smartbuyer85
VIP Member

Postby jarmela » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 am

smartbuyer85 wrote:PLDT-Philcom (preferred name) subsidiary of PLDT...
SMARTBRO sister company of PLDT...
but when it comes to performance PLDT gives the best since they are very particular with surveying the area first before installation... they make sure there customers are satisfied with their connection... i've been to globelines, dctech, smartbro, cablebro and yet combining all of their connection speeds cannot compete with PLDT... I am now currently subscribed at 2 Mbps speed and so far I'm getting 3mbps to 5mbps download speed.

Really? I would want to try PLDT, but there are plenty of Internet blogs and forums from around the Philippines about PLDT's poor performance. Might also be black propaganda by other ISPs but there's no sure way of really knowing... I also think that one person can't speak for all users so my advise for anyone out there who wants to change ISP is manage your expectations. And if you are already satisfied with your current ISP don't easily get tempted with advertisements. Every wise consumer should at least bear in mind about these 3 types of services before choosing any type of service: GOOD service CHEAP won't be FAST; GOOD service FAST won't be CHEAP; and, FAST service CHEAP won't be good. :geek:
jarmela

Postby smartbuyer85 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:41 am

most of my relatives in the Philippines are PLDT users... I beg to disagree with forum sites destroying the good name and reputation of PLDT... Most mycdosale members here are PLDT-Philcom users. I've been to other ISP's and they suck I tell you from my own personal experience. I don't have to pay for their pre-termination fees since I can easily see loopholes from their contracts. So far after 2 1/2 weeks using PLDT-Philcom. Superfast downloads and surfing in a flash... :)

Most ISPs in the Philippines buy bandwidth from PLDT... So why bother subscribing from other ISPs??? Go to the main source instead.

I don't go for cheap internet... commercial akong account... hehehe :p
Attachments
2wire..jpg
2wire..jpg (35.5 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
smartbuyer85
VIP Member

PreviousNext

Related Items

Return to General Discussions