For Sale: Insect eating plants, Venus flytrap for P300

Appliances, Furniture & Furnishings, Home decor, Garden Tools & Equipment, Houseware, Lighting, Grills, Security Gadgets, Others

Re: For Sale: Insect eating plants, Venus flytrap for P250

Postby pitcherplantfarm » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:04 am

@Tuffo. I understand fully and I won't be until 5 pm in CdO, as I prefer returning to Malaybalay before dark.
The display at Ketkai sounds interesting - thanks for the hint. I will inquire on Tuesday if I can still join. Normally I don't like flower shows elsewhere than Kaamulan, as I prefer to sell personally, but at the same time also dislike to stay overnight.
Is it just one day?
pitcherplantfarm

Postby tuffoman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:37 pm

i you have passed by limketkai these days, you will notice that there are already many stalls surrounding ketkai. they only come out during fiesta. if you are familiar with ororama megacenter, at the back of the building there are many plant/flower displays there.

this afternoon ive been to ketkai and the volume of people was above normal. you can put up your display already. there will still be a lot of people until the fiesta ends.

if you plan a one-day display to test the market demand, sunday would be the best day.

if you should push through with your display in ketkai, i would suggest that you post a very visible picture of your plant. im sure many will be attracted by it and drop by your display out of curiosity. i should point this out, i have NEVER seen a display of carnivorous plants in ketkai grounds.

browsed your website http://pitcher-plants.com/ a while ago. Man, you have a very huge green thumb.
i changed my mind. i want to try growing a pitcher plant and VFT even if it means i have to do a bank transaction. i want a N. Gentle and D. muscipula Clone #5.

Product Id Product Name/Description Quantity Price
PPFDIMUSC Venus Flytrap 1 Php 250.00/ea
PPFNEYGEN N. Gentle 1 Php 250.00/ea
SUBTOTAL Php 500.00
TOTAL Php 500.00 (i deleted the shipping cost)

ill contact my classmate working in BPI-lapasan first if she could deposit the amount for me.
tuffoman
VIP Member

Postby pitcherplantfarm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks for your message and kind words! I am still not 100% convinced if I should have a stall. It would cause me quite a bit of expenses, rent, fuel (not even sure if my old multicab survives Mangima - what happen's to the plants if not?), advertising and stall materials and possibly a companion. Plus if I drive, I better bring more plants, stay several days (hotel, night guard costs...). Which would mean my normal cost calculation wouldn't be enough for this. So I had to sell the plants higher than the usual P250 if I sell personally at Ketkai...
I might just look for a nursery being my outlet for offline buyers. And the personal selling test might have to wait for Kaamulan plant show (Feb 2011).
Yes, I have been scanning Cagayan flower shops since 1997 and never saw a carnivorous plant. On very rare occasions I saw some in Manila, but the VFT at P900 and at a very sorry quality (i didn't even dare to buy it).
Out of this pitiful experience, I decided to import, noticed the extreme cost (and LOSSES), when doing that as a hobbyist - so the only way to get them afford-ably to the Philippines is to register a business and import by the thousands. And voila, that's where we are now :)
Being horticultural engineer and collecting cp since 30 years, this is of course a dream come true...
- I will send you my account info through pm
pitcherplantfarm

Postby tuffoman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 am

hmm it is really difficult for you to join the display in ketkai, since it involves many factors that you have not planned yet.

anyway there is still next year. things should be planned ahead to minimize cost and as to not waste time.

Good luck.

within this day i will send a pm regarding my payment.
tuffoman
VIP Member

Postby tuffoman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Volker, thanks for the plants. i really need them because we have a lot of mosquitos at home due to our flooded underground room.
tuffoman
VIP Member

Postby napjac25 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 pm

good idea jez.. : )
mobile: 0927-127-6587
email: njacutin@gmail.com
napjac25
VIP Member

Postby pitcherplantfarm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 am

For mosquitoes better try sundews and Pinguicula. Should be showing up for sale latest by October.
pitcherplantfarm

Postby napjac25 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm

jez, nkapalit jud ka? dli ni bnuang? intereztd bya pud mi dni manreza. mhadlok lng ko kai bcn ilad. unya dli bya ni akng money gmiton pgpalit. unzay imo cp num jez?
mobile: 0927-127-6587
email: njacutin@gmail.com
napjac25
VIP Member

Postby tuffoman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:51 pm

reliable na bai. visit pitcher-plants.com. german ang tag.iya c Volker. Medu batan.on pa. palit npud ko sa october if available na ang drosera.

nagbank deposit ko kay naa man koy clasmate sa BPI. nangutang ko. heheh. pero twice a month ra na cya ganaog sa malaybalay para magship sa LBP ketkai.
Last edited by tuffoman on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffoman
VIP Member

Postby pitcherplantfarm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I actually used to work in Manresa, too (1997/98, PUVeP) and lived in Searsolin and later in Sustainable Agriculture Center... The older staff might still know me.
pitcherplantfarm

PreviousNext

Related Items

Return to Home & Garden